The MFA has the following dates booked for this year’s local tournaments. This page will be updated as tournament information becomes available.
|MFA Open #1||2017||DEC||2 &3||MFA Open 1|
|Local Tournament||2018||FEB||10 &11||MFA Open 2|
|Local Tournament||2018||MAR||10 &11||MFA Open 3|
|Provincials||2018||APR||28 &29||Golden Boy|
MANITOBA PROVINCIAL TOURNAMENT # 1
The list of events, times and entries can be found here : Entry list MFA 1
Location: Romeo-Dallaire School, 81 Quail Ridge Road
Schedule of Events
|December 2nd||December 3rd|
|800||Gym Opens – Event Set-up||8:00||Gym Opens|
|8:00 -8:30||Equipment check||8:00-8:30||Equipment check|
|8:30- 9:00||Cadet Foil & Senior Épée & Master Sabre||8:30-9:00||Senior Sabre & Senior Foil & U13 Foil|
|10:30- 11:00||Masters Foil & Cadet Sabre & Cadet Épée & U11 Sabre||10:30-11:00||U11 Foil & Junior Sabre & U15 epee|
|13:00-13:30||Junior Foil & Junior Epée & Master Epee & U13 Sabre||12:30-13:00||U15 Foil & U15 Sabre|
|16:00||Gym clean-up||16: 30||Gym clean-up|
Events start 10 minutes after close of registration.
U13: Under 13 years old as of December 31st of the current year.
U11: Under 11 years old as of December 31st of the current year.
U15: Under 15 years old as of December 31st of the current year.
Cadet: Under 17 years old as of December 31st of the license year.
Junior: Under 20 years old as of December 31st of the license year.
Senior: Over 12 years old as of December 31st of the license year.
Master: Over 30 years old
Registrations for the event are now closed
(Registration is open November 17th, 2017 – November 28th , 2017) – extended to November 29th
Youth events (U11, U13, U15):
- $15 registration fee
- $5 for each event
Cadet, Junior, Senior and Master events:
- $15 registration fee
- $30 for each event
Late registration: These registrations will only be available at the venue during the tournament.
- $35 registration fee
- $60 per event ($10 per youth event)
A valid CFF license is required.
youth events :
- U15 – 5 hits/3 min /Poole – 3 periods of 3 min to 15 hits
- U13 – 4 hits/3 min/Poole – 2 periods of 3 min to 10 hits ( Sabre pause 30 sec at 5)
- U11 – 4 hits/3 min/Poole – 2 periods of 2 min to 6 hits ( Sabre pause 30 sec at 3)
- Fencing pants and the sous- plastron for U13 and U15 events will not be mandatory; jeans and shorts will not be permitted (must wear full length pants with no visible pockets, belt loops, holes etc).
- Youth fencers can only fence in their specific age category, and one event above their current age category.
- Provincial team members may fence in older categories by coaches’ discretion and with the Directoire Technique.
- The Directoire Technique reserves the right to cancel the Cadet/Junior/Senior/Masters events based on lack of registration (min. 4 entries).
- The Directoire Technique reserves the right to cancel and/or combine any of the Youth events based on registration.
- Events with more than 9 entrants will be split into multiple poules, proceeding to DE’s.
- Events with more than 6 entrants will consist of one round of poules then proceed to DE’s.
- Events with 4-6 entrants may be eligible for a second round of poules. This is at the discretion of the Directoire Technique.
- Adaptable equipments for the U11 are suitable and they fence on a 10 meters piste.