The MFA has the following dates booked for this year’s local tournaments. This page will be updated as tournament information becomes available.
|MFA Open #1||2017||DEC||2 & 3||MFA Open 1|
|MFA Open #2 (hosted by the LFC)||2018||FEB||10 & 11||MFA Open 2|
|MFA Open #3 (hosted by CFC and RFC)||2018||MAR||10 & 11||MFA Open 3|
|Provincials||2018||MAY||12 & 13||Golden Boy|
MANITOBA GOLDEN BOY – PROVINCIAL CHAMPIONSHIP 2018
Hosted by: Manitoba Fencing
The list of events, cancelations and entries will be posted here upon close of registration.
Location: Romeo-Dallaire School, 81 Quail Ridge Road
Schedule of Events
|May 12th (Sat)||May 13th (Sun)|
|8:00||Gym Opens / Event Set-Up||8:00||Gym Opens|
|08:00-08:30||Equipment Check||08:00-08:30||Equipment Check|
|08:30-09:00||Senior Foil, Senior Epee, Masters Sabre||08:30-09:00||Senior Saber, Cadet Foil, U15 Epee|
|10:30-11:00||Masters Foil, Cadet Saber||10:30-11:00||U11 Foil, Junior Saber|
|11:00:11:30||Cadet Epee, U13 Foil||11:00:11:30||U11 Saber|
|13:00-13:30||Junior Foil, Junior Epee||13:00-13:30||U15 Foil, U15 Saber|
|13:30-14:00||Masters Epee, U13 Saber|
|16:00||Gym Clean-Up||16:00||Gym Clean-Up|
Events start 10 minutes after close of registration.
11U: 11 years old and under as of December 31st, 2017.
13U: 13 years old and under as of December 31st, 2017.
15U: 15 years old and under as of December 31st, 2017.
Cadet: Under 17 years old as of December 31st, 2017.
Junior: Under 20 years old as of December 31st, 2017.
Senior: Over 12 years old as of December 31st, 2017.
Master: Over 30 years old as of December 31st, 2017.
Late registration: These registrations will only be available at the venue during the tournament.
- $35 registration fee
- $60 per event ($10 per youth event)
A valid CFF license is required.
*closes May 8th
- 15U – 5 hits/3 min /Poole – 3 periods of 3 min to 15 hits (D.E.)
- 13U – 4 hits/3 min/Poole – 2 periods of 3 min to 10 hits ( Sabre pause 30 sec at 5)(D.E.)
- 11U – 4 hits/3 min/Poole – 2 periods of 2 min to 6 hits ( Sabre pause 30 sec at 3) )(D.E.)
- Fencing pants for 13U and 15U events will not be mandatory; jeans and shorts will not be permitted (must wear full length pants with no visible pockets, belt loops, holes etc).
- sous- plastron for 13U and 15U events will be mandatory
- Youth fencers can only fence in their specific age category, and one event above their current age category.
- Provincial team members may fence in older categories by coaches’ discretion and with the approval of the Directoire Technique.
- The Directoire Technique reserves the right to cancel the Cadet/Junior/Senior/Masters events based on lack of registration (min. 4 entries).
- The Directoire Technique reserves the right to cancel and/or combine any of the Youth events based on registration.
- Events with more than 9 entrants will be split into multiple poules, proceeding to DE’s.
- Events with more than 6 entrants will consist of one round of poules then proceed to DE’s.
- Events with 4-6 entrants may be eligible for a second round of poules. This is at the discretion of the Directoire Technique.
- Adaptable equipments for the U11 are suitable and they fence on a 10 meters piste.
NOTE on sword lengths:
- U15 events will require sword lengths #5
- U13 events will require sword lengths #2
- U11 events will require sword lengths #0
- Blade #0: ~30 inches Blade #2:~32 inches Blade #5:~35 inches